The purpose of the foundation is the support of the science and research for the future state of PM by:
- Support of research & apprenticeship in these areas, discovery + transfer of new knowledge.
- Support of the inclusion of surrounding subjects; like general and social system theory, Product-Lifecycle-Management, brain research or the complexity theory (among others: self-organization, evolution theory).
With it the MSPM-Foundation supports, for example, ranges of topics relevant for future as they are regarded in
- the research program “Beyond Frontiers of Traditional Project Management”
- in the „Product-centred Project Management“ (among other: Configuration Management).
- or the EPSRC Network “Rethinking PM” (UK)